This Driver and Vehicle Services Update Bulletin No. 21-03 dated February 2021 is to inform you of a change in the acceptable forms of identification for titling and registering vehicles in Pennsylvania.
Effective immediately, authorized agents may accept a valid camera card along with an expired Pennsylvania identification credential, or 15 day temporary internet driver license or identification card renewal credential with an applicant’s expired Pennsylvania identification credential for the purposes of titling and registering a vehicle.
With this change, agents may now accept one of the following credentials for identification purposes to issue title and registration documents:
- A valid Pennsylvania Photo Driver’s License;
- A valid Pennsylvania Photo Identification Card;
- A valid Pennsylvania Photo Exempt Driver’s License;
- A valid Pennsylvania Photo Exempt Identification Card;
- A valid Pennsylvania 15-day temporary internet driver license or identification card renewal credential and expired DL/ID
- A valid Pennsylvania Camera Card and Pennsylvania expired identification credential (as listed above); or
- A valid U.S. Armed Forces Common Access Card
Dependents of Armed Forces personnel must provide a valid United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (DD Form 1173).
Each of the identification documents listed above must be in the same name as the name listed on the motor vehicle application.
The Acceptable Proof of Identification Documents for Completing Motor Vehicle Forms Fact Sheet has been updated to reflect this change.