This video explains the general steps to properly properly execute an acknowledgment in Pennsylvania.
This video explains the general steps to properly notarizing a document in Pennsylvania.
Do you want to become a Pennsylvania notary or are you ready to renew your notary commission? Take a quick minute to find out who now needs education in PA!
PAN’s latest animated video is a step-by-step explanation of the Pennsylvania notary education and testing process. The seven steps involved are key components on how to become a notary.
All notaries are required by law to successfully complete three hours of notary education. First-time notaries and notaries who have had a lapse in their commission must pass the Pearson VUE notary test.
PAN’s latest educational tutorial is in a new format – an animated video. The video focuses on standard and non-standard signatures and is a fun explanation of how Pennsylvania notaries should sign their official signatures and deal with customers’ standard and non-standard signatures.
This animated video joins our other (non-animated) tutorials in PAN’s Member Portal. Stay tuned. Our Education Department will be creating more animated videos in the future.
A notary can:
- Refuse to serve any customer without explanation
- Notarize anywhere within the boundaries of Pennsylvania
- Notaries for relatives if there is no direct or financial interest
- Notarize for an employer
- Permitted if you have no direct or financial interest
- May receive a fee if not depended on completed transaction
- Shareholders may notarize for publicly-traded companies