Archive for category Motor Vehicle
PennDOT customers will be able to contribute up to $3 to the Veterans Trust Fund when renewing their vehicle registration, driver’s license or photo ID card, when requesting a new or duplicate driver’s license or photo ID card or when applying for a learner’s permit.
Beginning November 4, 2013, a donation can be made to the Veterans Trust Fund when renewing a vehicle registration or driver’s license or completing other PennDOT forms, such as:
- Motorcycle learner’s permit application
- Occupational limited license instructions and petition
- Limited license affidavit
- Probationary license instructions and petition
- Commercial learner’s permit application to add/extend/remove
- Application to extend an occupational limited license
- Request for gender change on driver’s license/ID card
- Application for initial identification card
- Application to replace/correct commercial driver’s license
- Application for change/correction/replacement of occupational limited license or probationary license
- Application to renew commercial driver’s license
- Probationary license renewal application
- Initial non-commercial learner’s permit application
- Application for Pennsylvania non-commercial driver’s license by out-of-state non-CDL driver
- Application for Pennsylvania commercial driver’s license by out-of-state CDL driver
- Non-commercial driver’s license/ ID card/learner’s permit application to renew/replace/change/correct
- Application for ignition interlock
The revised PennDOT forms are scheduled to be on PennDOT’s Web site on November 4, 2013.
A newly designed prisoner of war registration plate is now available through PennDOT. Read the rest of this entry »
The “Honoring Our Veterans” license plate, will be issued to applicants for $35. Of that fee, $15 goes to the Pennsylvania Veterans Trust Fund which provides funding for various grants and programs.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) published a new driver licensing form: Form DL-901. The new form combines four forms that are used for learners’ permits, photo ID cards and non-commercial drivers’ licenses: Read the rest of this entry »
Gov. Corbett has signed Act 81, a new law that institutes changes to the Vehicle Code involving graduated driver’s licensing requirements, passenger restrictions for junior drivers and passenger restraint laws. The law will take effect on Dec. 24, 2011. Read the rest of this entry »
Attention Pennsylvania motor vehicle agents: If you have any CDL manuals (Publication 223) that were ordered between January 2011 and May 2011, please check them for missing and duplicate pages.
Some of the CDL manuals jump from section 2-23 to 5-1 and 5, 6 and 7 are repeated.
If you have any of these manuals, do not destroy them. PennDOT is trying to get a count of how many incomplete manuals are in existence.
Please contact Ruth at 412-281-0678, Ext. 114.
The National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) has issued an update to some passenger car values in the April 2011 edition of the NADA Official Used Car Guide. Read the rest of this entry »
Vehicle dealers are now required to alert consumers when their credit scores affect the terms of their purchases. Read the rest of this entry »
PennDOT has increased the cost of the photograph for driver’s licenses and identification cards. Read the rest of this entry »
PennDOT has enabled customers to check the availability of a personalized (vanity) plate configuation of letters and numbers before submitting an application and paying the fee. Read the rest of this entry »