PAN created the tutorials located in the Member Portal as a way to help our members learn about the new notary public law (RULONA). These tutorials do not fulfill the three hours of mandatory notary education.
The Department of State determines what is covered in the three-hours of mandated notary education. The Department requires a specific set of topics to be included in the workbooks, PowerPoint presentations, and other resources used in the live seminars and online course. Once an education vendor’s course and materials are state-approved, a certificate of approval is conveyed to the vendor. Only state-approved education fulfills the three-hour education mandate.
PAN’s tutorials are offered only as a service and resource to our members. They include:
- RULONA Overview Course
- Notary Application Tutorial
- Notary Journal
- Witnessing or Attesting a Signature
- Identifying Your Customer
- Certified or Attested Copy or Deposition
- Verification on Oath or Affirmation (affidavit)
- Notary Exam Test Preparation